- Dish says Softbank poses national security threat 24 May 2013 | 2:14 pm
- Dishing the dirt 24 May 2013 | 12:03 pm
- UK wholesale fibre start up gets £50m injection 24 May 2013 | 11:44 am
- AT&T to gain over $730m annually from monthly admin fee 24 May 2013 | 9:41 am
- Elitecore enables CSPs to target Hospitality Wi-Fi through a Cloud-based platform 24 May 2013 | 8:45 am
The ONLY event to have tackled the challenges of the changing Roaming market structure for the past 20 years!
OverviewReturning for an impressive 21st year, Informa Telecoms & Media’s Mobile Roaming World Summit will meet again in London to finish the crucial conversations started in 2012, mostly around the new changes brought by the July 2012 EU Roaming Regulation. Meet with our returning alumni and the new faces we welcome every year, to not only start making opportunities brought by local break-out, customers’ insatiable hunger for data and WiFi roaming, etc, happen, but also to learn how to overcome key challenges such as customer education. We look forward to seeing you in November and keep an eye on this space for updates on our 2012 event features and opportunities. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you would like to contribute your thoughts on 2012 trends.
Benefits of AttendingWhat is the industry talking about? How can we help you monetise more roaming opportunities?
- Pricing! Pinpoint how to overcome the BIG challenge. Discover which controls can really impact data consumption.
- Handset manufacturers! They have a lot of power; we bring them to the forum and identify their place and influence in today’s and future value chains.
- Local BREAK OUT! Arguably, it has the biggest potential to affect traditional wholesale roaming practices...only in November 2013 can the real changes it has made be broken down. Learn how it will impact your business models!
- MVNOs – hear what they are doing with the opportunity to provide data only services.
- Is WiFi the elephant in the room? Understand how operators have started to approach WiFi roaming.
- Education, education, education! Benefit from hearing how operators have succeeded in stepping into the consumer’s mindset and educating them on data roaming practice.
2012 HighlightsOver 100 industry representatives were united with old and new faces at the Sheraton Park Lane in London, to celebrate the Mobile Roaming World Summit’s 20th anniversary. Case studies, panel discussions, round table working groups and questioning filled the room which remained full and engaged throughout the 13th and 14th November 2012.
The morning after Syniverse’s focussed workshop, saw the conference’s opening discussion focussed very much on the Roaming III regulation and the fragmented European market which ‘roaming itself is a symptom of’. Local break out was discussed in detail, and we very much look forward to next year’s 2013 event when the impact it has the potential to make on the roaming market, can be assessed. One thing already noted this year was that operators need to price more sophisticatedly to customers at a wholesale level in order to counter the threat that could come from aggregators offering more appealing pricing: industry business models are therefore predicted to change and 2013 should be an interesting year!
It was also noted that although there was definitely room in the market for data specific MVNOs, Tier 1s such as Telefónica had not been approached for access from many smaller companies. How MVNOs will respond to the changes in the Roaming regulation is therefore another area to watch!
As the two days progressed and topics such as LTE, M2M, wholesale and retail business models, WiFi, consumer experience, education and pricing were all covered, much ‘food for thought’ filled the room and we are excited about November 2013’s case studies and conversations already!
Sponsor PackagesForget about basic branding, use the conference itself and the pre-show campaign to advance YOUR strategic objectives!
LTE OR MOBILE DATA ROAMING SPONSOR
Position yourself as the leader in LTE or Data Roaming by branding a specific topic area of the programme and associating your brand name with key presentations at the event!
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS SPONSOR
Round table discussions give you the time to work with delegates to break down key industry challenges, sharing your experience and advice in an interactive learning environment. Invite a wish-list of existing and potential customers to resolve industry obstacles with!
A strong visibility option for any company that wishes to put their brand across to the entire audience. Don’t be invisible, be indispensable at the conference! Get all participants to use your company name as the Wi-Fi password!
NETWORKING CAFE SPONSOR
Take the centre stage in the networking area! Demonstrate your hospitality by offering quality refreshments and coffees to all delegates and sponsors.
TWITTER WALL SPONSOR
If you are focussed on less formal communication and recognise the importance of social media, brand the conference twitter board with your name. Convey critical industry opinion and updates quickly and effectively by embracing today’s leading marketing medium!
Superb networking opportunities with key stakeholders of the roaming ecosystem.Roaming Marketing Manager, Gemalto
A great opportunity to meet many of the key decision makers that shape the future direction of our industry.Senior Product Manager, Belgacom
This event is an excellent forum to discuss the hottest topics in the industry with some of its most influential leaders. Well worth the investment.Product Manager – Roaming, Rogers Wireless
This was a very good event with high quality speakers and interesting content. I really enjoyed the third day with focus on Open Connectivity.Senior International Roaming Coordinator, T-Mobile
Excellent content that was relevant to the audience.Head of Carrier Services, T-Mobile
This was a really informative event with the opportunity to meet Roaming experts from around the world.Senior Business Analyst, Zain